Saturday, January 2, 2010

1.02.10

Happy New Year!
Another year has past and a start of a new year begins. I have a little confession as well as a resolution.

The confession... I have been looking forward to this new year and have been just counting down the days because I have been wanting to blog, but I have been wanting to start fresh. A brand new year gives me this chance. I have thought I will just start on the begining of the next month. But then I would just get all uncomfortable because it is just the start of a month not the year. Then I would have a lot of empty months before. I know I have a little thinking problem. So I have been really looking forward to this new year. All for the blogging aspects.

The resolution.... TO BLOG! So now that I have been waiting for this new year to start so I can start new on the blogging I am going to keep up with it. I wonder how many other people have that as their new year resolutions? Most likely all bloggers.

I have decided to make a list of pros and cons about doing a blog vs scrapbooks.
Pros on Blogging:

*You get to see everything that happened that year in just a little book
*It is prefect size and doesn't take up a whole room full of scrapbook supplies and paper and magazines to get cute ideas for scrapbook pages.
*You just have to think of what to write. Now I have not decided whether that is a pro or con.
*No racking you brain on how to do this page or that page.
* You do not you have to come up with so many layout ideas
* No making sure colors match and if there is enough ribbon to go around.
* No running out of paper when you just needed one more piece.
* Makes prefect Christmas present for parents and inlaws and you don't ever have to spend half the year thinking of what to get!
* All you have to do at the end of the year is print however many you want.
* You don't have to scrapbook.


The more I think about scrapbooking and what a big headache it is for me the more I love the thought of blogging. Maybe that can be my motivation to keep the blogs coming.

Cons to blogging:

* Trying to figure out what to write.
* Blogging
* Taking more pictures. This one may be a pro... More pictures are always good.
* Only so many fonts.

Looks like pros outweigh the cons. Happy New Year everyone! Hope this year is the best year ever for you all! I hope everyone gets to do a little of whatever they want and I hope everyone gets to go on a sweet vacation this year!

2 comments:

  1. Yah! Start posting more pictures of little Ben soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that was deep... I never really thought about it that way.

    ReplyDelete